Professional Belly Dance Performance & Instruction Victoria, BC
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THIS THROUGH!
Bashirah Middle Eastern Dance Company cares about you. We want to continue providing the fitness, fun and dance education you are used to, while ensuring you remain healthy and safe. The following protocols for fall classes are in line with and the and will remain in place until further notice.
Should you come to class?
The sympotms of COVID-19 are similar to other respiratoy illnesses including the flu and common cold. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are listed below. If you have any of these symptoms or are returning to BC after travelling internationally, please do not come to class and use the to help you determine if you need further assessment or testing.
- Cough or worsening of chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle aches
Other, less common symptons:
- Stuffy nose
- Conjuntivities (pink eye)
- Dizziness, confusion
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rashes o discoloration of fingers or toes
Cleaning & Sanitizing:
1. Studio floor will be swiffered/vacuumed and steam mopped in-between each class or rental group using the space.
2. All common surfaces – light switches, door knobs, benches, sink faucet and handles, toilet and toilet handle will be sanitized in-between each class or rental group using the space.
3. PA auxiliary cable, power button and knobs will be sanitized in-between rental groups using the space.
1. Class numbers will be limited to 5 students and the teacher.
2. There will be a half hour between all Bashirah classes to allow for traffic flow in and out of the studio and to allow for cleaning.
- Students will arrive no more than ten minutes before class is due to start and stagger entrance to maintain social distance.
- ALL students required to wear masks in studio
- Students will enter via the back entrance/hallway.
- Students will remove shoes immediately upon arrival and carry into the studio.
4. Students will be required to sanitize or wash hands upon arrival.
5. Students will choose and then remain within their designated grid during class.
- Students will keep shoes and personal items together on the boot mats in grids.
- Students will leave immediately upon class ending, staggering exit to maintain social distance.
- Students will exit via studio door.
Optional Safety Measures:
1. Students may choose to wear socks, gym slippers or jazz shoes if they are not comfortable in bare feet.
2. Students who are not comfortable attending class in person, there will be online class options available. Please check the for those dates/times.